Re: How to cre8 Internal Error C11919 (for geeks and masochists)

Giganews Newsgroups
Subject: Re: How to cre8 Internal Error C11919 (for geeks and masochists)
Posted by:  Thomas Mueller (nospam@dummzeuch.de)
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006

Hi,

Clay Shannon wrote:

> I made a dumb mistake and, although my app compiled fine (passed the
> syntax check gauntlet unmolested), it wouldn't run because I was getting:
>
> [Pascal Fatal Error] JCPClientDM.pas(1748): F2084 Internal Error: C11919
>
> On closer examination of the method where the compiler barfed, I saw I had
> made a dumb boo-boo:

Have you posted that to Quality Central yet? If not, please do so. Even
though the code contains an error, it should not cause internal errors but
just a compile error which tells you what is wrong.

After thinking about it, I don't think the code is syntactically wrong,
since Pred() is supposed to work on enum types and boolean is an enum type.
It should create a runtime error when Pred(false) is called.

But whether it is a syntax error or not, it should not crash the compiler,
so please report it.

MfG
twm